FEAST OF CHRIST THE KING
There are men who hate me; Let me love them. There are men I have wronged; Let them forgive me.
(Saying Of The Dinka Tribe)
It takes more oil than vinegar to make a good salad. (Jean Pierre Camus)
Tell the truth and run. (Yugoslav proverb)
Even the wood-pecker owes his success to the fact that he uses his head and keeps pecking until he finishes the job he starts. (Colman Cox)
To die well is the chief part of virtue. (Greek proverb)
If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.
Man’s highest life does not consist in self-expression but in self-denial. (R. H. Benson)
A rabbit’s foot may be lucky, but not for the original owner.
It takes two to make up after a quarrel. (Jo. Petty)
The only safe way to totally destroy an enemy, is to make him a friend! (D. T. Smith)
In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king. (Erasmus)
BRAINBOX’S PERFECT QUIZ
1. Which women have the most hairs on their head: blondes, brunettes, or redheads?
2. According to the Gospels who baptised Jesus?
3. In what year did America’s Great California Gold Rush take place?
4. What are the names of Adam and Eve’s two sons?
5. At what centigrade temperature is Absolute Zero?
“COME YOU WHOM MY FATHER HAS BLESSED”.
ON THIS DAY 20th NOVEMBER
On this day in 1971 Egyptian President Anwar Sadat becomes the first Arab leader to officially visit Israel, when he meet Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and spoke to the Knesset in Jerusalem, seeking peace settlement
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ
(1) Brunettes. (2) John the Baptist. (3) 1849.
(4) Cain and Abel. (5) -273’C.
Rev. Damian Ryan P.P.
‘Lourdes House’, Childers’ Road, Limerick.
Confessions are available on
Saturday evenings of the Second and Fourth Sunday of the Month
after the 6.00 p.m. Mass.